Where I'm at.....

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dollhouse - Memory Wipe.......

So the first episode of the highly anticipated show Dollhouse has finally aired. I must say that it was a reasonable pilot episode. It didn't blow me away like "burn notice" or "Lie to me" did when I watched the first episode, it reminded me of the pilot episode of "Heroes" Where it started really slowly and built up and became better the longer it went.

I did like the fact that there was an element of surprise, and that it only gave us a taste of what is really going on. The most interesting factor in the show from my perspective is that the "memories" implanted in the operatives are those of real people and not manufactured out of nothing. That was a nice little twist in the story and I'm sure will be fleshed out in future episodes. The story thread of the agent trying to find the Dollhouse didn't do much for me.

The acting in this show was not overly brilliant but was reasonable, I think a show like this will take a few more episodes to find it's feet. I am looking forward to the next episode as the premise of the show has me intrigued to see more.

No comments: